The Junior League of Norman is a nonprofit organization which was founded in 1975 as the Junior Service League. In 1983, we offically became the Junior League of Norman upon admission into the Association of Junior Leagues (now known as the Association of Junior Leagues International – AJLI).
Our membership consists of approximately 300 women from a variety of life styles and stages, including those who are single, married, students, professionals – both full and part-time, stay-at-home moms, grandmothers and the list goes on and on. JLN reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism.
JLN provides thousands of volunteer hours every year to address issues in the Norman community. We identify community needs and develop effective and respected programs to serve those needs. In addition, JLN is proud to offer financial support to other nonprofit agencies in the area. JLN volunteers have a commitment and a passion for voluntarism; we contribute our time, talent, and funds in a variety of ways.
JLN offers its members flexibility in time and commitment with options to serve as members and/or leaders on a variety of committees. The League provides opportunities to implement change in the community and to connect with other women with a concern for present and future generations.
The Junior League of Norman is a group of women:
- looking for a way to give back to our community
- seeking the skills to expand leadership abilities
- interested in developing lasting friendships
Our purpose is exclusively education and charitable. We will accomplish our mission by:
- providing a motivating and supportive environment that stimulates members
- effectively coordinating our resources with community needs
- maintaining financial stability through fund development and fundraising
- providing comprehensive training opportunities to develop volunteers
- communicating and promoting JLN’s mission and historical significance to our members and the community