NEW MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
– Prospective members must be 21 years of age on or before May 31 of the current year
II. Financial Obligations
- New Member Fee (due by August 1) – one time only $40.00 (subject to change)
- Annual Dues and Charity Ball ticket (due by August 1) – $185.00 (subject to change)
III. Time Commitment (subject to change)
- Attend six (6) New Member course meetings monthly from September – May.
- Attend six (6) Junior League of Norman general meetings held monthly from September – May. General meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
- Attend the one day training. You will learn about the history of the League and the League structure.
- Complete two (2) mandatory trainings throughout the course of the year. Trainings cannot be bought out.
- Complete all time commitments for the committee that you are placed on after the day of training including attending all committee meetings.
- Complete one (1) credit toward the Charity Ball and one (1) credit toward the Monster Dash.
- Complete two (2) credits toward Food for Kids (one in the fall and one in the spring)
- Complete one (1) credit for Done in a Day
- Complete one (1) credit for Baby Steps
- Purchase or sell five (5) Simply Good Taste cookbooks.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and/or execution of a class community project. The New Member committee will give assistance and guidance throughout the project.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and/or execution of a class fundraiser. The New Member committee will give assistance and guidance throughout the fundraiser.
ACTIVE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
Junior League Active members are required to fulfill a placement commitment each year unless on leave. This commitment includes serving on a project committee, fundraiser committee, in-league committee, or leadership position. Active members are also required to support the projects and fundraisers of the League by fulfilling six (6) project hours outside of current placement, one (1) Charity Ball hour outside of current placement and one (1) Monster Dash hour outside of current placement (one (1) Fund Development hour can be substituted for either Charity Ball or Monster Dash but not both). Active members are required to pay their annual dues and purchase a Charity Ball ticket by June 1, attend a minimum of 6 monthly general meetings, attend at least 66% of committee meetings, attend two trainings, and purchase or sell three (3) cookbooks.