NEW MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
– Prospective members must be 21 years of age on or before May 31 of the current year
II. Financial Obligations
- New Member Fee (due by August 1) – one time only $40.00 (subject to change)
- Annual Dues and Charity Ball ticket (due by August 1) – $185.00 (subject to change)
III. Time Commitment (subject to change)
- Attend the one-day training where you will learn about the League
- Attend six (6) New Member course meetings monthly from September – May
- Attend at least eight (8) trainings. Seven (7) trainings will be provided at the General Meetings held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM from September through May
- Complete one (1) credit toward the Charity Ball and one (1) credit toward the Monster Dash
- Complete two (2) credits toward Food for Kids
- Complete one (1) credit for Done in a Day
- Complete one (1) credit for Baby Steps
- Complete all time commitments for the committee that you are placed on after the day of training including attending all committee meetings
- Purchase or sell three (3) Simply Good Taste cookbooks.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and/or execution of a class community project. The New Member committee will give assistance and guidance throughout the project.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and/or execution of a class fundraiser. The New Member committee will give assistance and guidance throughout the fundraiser.
ACTIVE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
Active Members are required to fulfill a placement commitment each year unless on leave. This commitment includes serving on a project committee, fundraiser committee, in-league committee, or leadership position.
- Active Members are required to obtain 12 points In Placement through their committee volunteer hours and committee meetings. If a member is unable to obtain 12 points, the points can be achieved through Out of Placement activities.
- Active Members are required to fulfill 8 points through Trainings provided at the beginning of General Meetings. Historically, seven of the nine General Meetings have included trainings, so members who attend the General Meetings will lack only one training credit. There will be two additional trainings in the Fall and two in the Spring that will take place at times outside of General Meetings and will focus on issues related to Our Mission and Impact Statement.
- Active Members are required to fulfill 8 points Out of Placement and will be able to choose between community and fundraising projects to allow flexibility and encourage members to pursue their personal interests.
- Active Members are required to pay their annual dues and purchase a Charity Ball ticket, and purchase or sell three (3) cookbooks.